Volunteers are integral to The Pioneer Settlement’s operations.
Through the Friends of the Pioneer Settlement, volunteers drive visitors around the site in our vintage car, operate the music and photo shops, restore machinery and buildings, and help behind the scenes with curatorial work.They even run the beautiful Paragon Café inside the Settlement and cater for school camps, tour groups and on-site functions. Through these activities, the Friends raise significant amounts of money to help fund the ongoing operation and development of the Settlement.
So stop and say hi to the many volunteers on site each day.
Type of opportunities
Volunteers are essential to the operation of the Pioneer Settlement in many ways. If you have an interest in any of the below areas, we would love to have you join the team.
- Catering (regular service in the Paragon Café, school and tour group meals, function catering)
- Vintage cars (drive our visitors around the site in our restored 1925 Dodge)
- Photography (operating the Photo Parlour and costumes)
- Music (operating the Music Shop and Drapery)
- Tractor and other vehicle operation and restoration
- Steam machinery operation and restoration
- Cataloguing and historical records (working with our Curator on our collection)
If you want to find out more, contact our Volunteer Co-ordinator on 5036 2410.